A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device. It has information in it that allows us to "remember" something as you visit pages on the site - for example whether or not you are logged in. In this document we'll explain why we set cookies, what information they contain and what choices you have as a user of this site.
We've divided this into sections so that you can easily find what you're looking for:
- Essential Cookies
- Non Essential Cookies
- Handle cookies by adjusting your Browser Settings
- Adjust your cookie preferences on this website
We use a session cookie on our site so that your visit, or "session" is distinguished from other users who are visiting at the same time. A session cookie contains a unique visitor id (a 32 character alphanumeric string that is unique to your visit. It contains no data that could identify you). This session cookie is essential to our website's functionality and is deleted once you close your browser window.
NON ESSENTIAL COOKIES
User Preference Cookie
If you choose to adjust your cookie preferences on our site, we will set a cookie on your device called glavloc_userprefs which lasts for 1 year.
This cookie is only set if you choose to adjust your cookie preferences on this site. You can remove this cookie at any time, if you do, then all cookies will be turned on, and your preferences removed. The Cookie Banner will reappear at the top of this page.
You can use the cookie banner on the website to change your preference, or you can set it using the Cookie settings at the bottom of this page.
Google Analytics and Tag Manager
We use Google Analytics to learn about how visitors use our site so that we can make decisions. We do not collect any data that could identify you personally. All data, including your IP address, is anonymised before it is sent to Google Analytics servers in Ireland. We keep this data for 26 months before deletion.
You'll recognise Google Analytics cookies as follows:
- _ga - set for 2 years. Assigns a randomly generated number to identify each unique visitor throughout their visit on our site. Provides visitor, session and campaign data.
- _gid - set for 24 hours. Used to uniquely identify visitors.
- _gat_gtag_[userid] - set for 1 minute. Used to centralise data sent to all Google Products.
We also use Google Tag Manager, which is an interface that allow website tags to be managed. Google Tag Manager doesn't register personal data, and we don't currently use it to set cookies.
You can learn more about Google Analytics and Tag Manager at https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.
If you want to turn off Google Analytics/Tag Manager on our site, you can do so by using the cookie banner at the top of the page, or by using the Cookie settings at the bottom of this page.
We use Hubspot to manage email signup for our Newsletter. Hubspot places cookies on your machine to collect information about how you interact with our website, and "remember" you (so that we won't ask for you email address again if you've already signed up). We use the information provided by Hubspot's cookies for statistical analysis about website visits so that we can improve our service.
You will recognise Hubspot cookies as follows:
- _hssc - set for 30 mins. This cookie keeps track of sessions. It is used to update the _hstc cookie and contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp
- _hstc - session cookie. This cookie is used for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session)
- _hssrc - session cookie. This cookie is determines if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session
- hsfirstvisit - session cookie. This cookie is used to determine if this is the first visit or returning one
- hubspotuk - set for 13 months. This cookie uniquely identifies the visitor and is passed to Hubspot when submitting the popup form for email collection.
These cookies are off by default, but you can adjust your settings at any time by using the Cookie settings at the bottom of this page. You can learn more about Hubspot's cookies policy at https://legal.hubspot.com/cookie-policy
We use the no-cookie version of Youtube, so no cookies are set if you watch a video.
No cookies are set if you interact with the map(s) provided.
Should you choose to click on the buttons we provide to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram, you will be asked to login, and this will result in cookies being set by these sites. Since we don't set these cookies ourselves, you can learn more about them by referring to their respective policies below:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/legal/cookies/
HANDLE COOKIES BY ADJUSTING YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS
Each browser is different, but most will allow you to:
- Delete cookies
- Accept or block cookies on a site by site basis
- Refuse or Accept all Third party cookies
- Add the Do not Track directive to your browser preventing you from being tracked on the internet
Since all browsers are a little different in how these settings can be made, we recommend you visit All About Cookies where you will find detailed instructions for almost all known browser types.
Adjust Your Cookie Preferences
Please use the button below to adjust your preferences on this site wrt CookiesSettings